TeachEngineering Digital Library Collection
Free engineering lessons and activities for teaching K-12 science and math are just a click away. The TeachEngineering digital library is a searchable, educational standards-based repository of high-quality, classroom-tested curricula for use by teachers and engineering faculty to teach engineering in K-12 settings.
Available free online, the collection contains more than 1,300 lessons and hands-on activities on science, math, engineering and technology topics, with more being added all the time. Engineering lessons connect real-world applications with curricular content already taught in K-12 classrooms. Mapped to educational content standards, the comprehensive curricula are hands-on, free, and relevant to children's daily lives. During the past 12 months, the website received more that 1.5 million unique visitors.
The curricula use engineering to integrate science and math via hands-on inquiry-based activities relevant to youth. You don't need to be an engineer to use these curricular resources. View the collection at http://TeachEngineering.org/ to:
• Use the search and browse interfaces to find specific activities or lessons to add to your classroom plan, or a comprehensive multi-week, multi-lesson unit on a specific topic.
• Search or sort the collection by keywords, educational standards, grade level and subject area.
• Find curricula aligned to any state (as well as national and international) STEM educational standards.
Lesson plans and activity components include learning objectives, correlated educational standards, teacher background information, vocabulary and definitions, engineering connections, embedded assessment activities, troubleshooting tips, estimated cost and time required, and attached worksheets and handouts. Most activities creatively use ordinary and inexpensive supplies found at grocery and/or hardware stores
With major funding from the National Science Foundation, the collection is a multi-university project representing the work of engineering and education researchers from 34 institutions nationwide, with more contributing all the time.
This is a public program. For more information, please visit the program website.
- Colorado School of Mines
- Duke University
- National Science Foundation and National Science Digital Library
- Oregon State University
- University of Colorado Boulder
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Engineering & Applied Science, College of
- Integrated Teaching & Learning (ITL) Laboratory
science activities, math activities, engineering activities, science lessons, math lessons, engineering lessons, digital library, engineering design program, K-12, online lessons, curriculum, lesson plans, classroom activities