By Gretchen Minekime October 27, 2021
The Office for Outreach and Engagement is pleased to announce the inaugural Community Perspectives Faculty Cohort.
- Steven Joseph Lamos, Interim Director of the Program in Writing and Rhetoric and Associate Professor of English
- Gregor MacGregor, Research Fellow and Acequia Assistance Project Director, Colorado Law
- Will Medlin, Chair and Denver Business Challenge Endowed Professor, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Joseph Ryan, Professor of Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering, Environmental Engineering Program
- Vandna Sinha, Associate Research Professor, School of Education
- Tin Tin Su, Professor of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology
Community Perspectives is a new program engaging CU Boulder faculty members in a one-year professional development opportunity aimed at connecting their teaching, research and creative work to outreach and engagement initiatives with rural Colorado communities.
In addition to attending several workshops throughout the year, to gain a greater understanding of community engagement and partnership development, the cohort will participate in a three-day tour (June 2022) of Southern Colorado communities including Pueblo, Trinidad, La Junta and Walsenburg. The tour will provide an opportunity to gain a better understanding of these areas of Colorado and their residents, increase awareness of CU Boulder outreach and engagement efforts, and create partnerships and programs to address the needs of the communities visited.
The program is sponsored by the Office for Outreach and Engagement and was developed with support from the Office of Faculty Affairs.