Community members can access university library resources, watch research lectures, follow an Arctic expedition, discover Latino history and more, thanks to online resources at CU Boulder.
Faculty and staff from around campus have always provided online K-12 curriculum, lectures, training information and links to databases for teachers, parents and community members. However, these online materials can now help support at-home learning and research for all ages during the coronavirus pandemic.
“This is a challenging time for all of us, and for many it means physical isolation,” said David Meens, director of the Office for Outreach and Engagement. “CU Boulder offers numerous online resources for our community members, whether you are a teacher or parent who may need materials for K-12 students or are simply interested in discovering more about cutting-edge research and creative work.”
The office administers CU Boulder’s community outreach and engagement program website, where CU Boulder researchers have shared more than 250 programs that benefit 450,000+ Coloradans each year. Many of these programs provide online resources as well.
Browse the online resource list, or click on the links below to explore some specific programs that faculty and staff members have shared through our program website.
Environment and Sustainability Resources
- Assessing Drinking Water Quality on Colorado’s Western Slope
- Engaging Spanish-Speaking Coloradans in the Fracking Debate
- Everyday Colorado: Generating Local Knowledge about Health & Environment
- Intermountain Oil and Gas Best Management Practices Project
- Source Water Protection in Oil and Gas Development
- Western Water Assessment
- A Year in the Ice: Bringing the MOSAiC Arctic research expedition into classrooms
- Build a Better Book Project
- Center for Asian Studies K-12 Outreach
- Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES) Climate Literacy & Energy Awareness Network
- CIRES – Education and Outreach
- CIRES – Climate Education and Resiliency
- Curricular Library: TeachEngineering.org
- Engineering and Science Inquiry Projects in Rural Schools
- Fossils in the Classroom
- K-12 Engineering Education Initiatives
- Latino History Project
- Meet the Instruments
- PhET Interactive Simulations
- Read with the Buffs
- Scalable Game Design
- Shakespeare Education Resources
- University Libraries
- Virtual Astronomy